Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Preliminary Results are back = ) Very good news!

What a stressful morning waiting for the phone call!! I am very happy to share that our preliminary FISH results look good!! No evidence of chromosomal issues for downs & trisomy 13 & 18.  And it confirmed we are having a boy!  I am so happy but it is also hard for me to express because I am feeling so drained from all the stress the last few weeks.  I called my parents and my dad answered -- he said he was initially worried because my voice sounded so tired!  I have to say I feel like a ton of bricks have been lifted off my shoulders!! The full report should be back in 7-10 days.  There could still be something concerning that comes back but the FISH test covers the most common issues.

I am going to try to take a break from worrying but it will be hard! I will be worrying about everything else especially the single artery umbilical cord.  I have another OB appt in 2 weeks where I plan on talking to him more about this, and asking for additional monitoring.  I am also hoping to hear back at that point on the Antibody testing, which if it is abnormal may require additional monitoring too.  I will not complain if I get more ultrasounds than normal as I love seeing my little boy!

Thank you for the positive thoughts & comments! I appreciate them very much!!

14 comments:

  1. I am SO happy for you!!! Congratulations!!! Boys ROCK (of course... like you, I am a bit biased ;)).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a relief!!!! So happy for you =) Congratulations on team blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a relief! I'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy things look good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful news!! And I know it's such a weight off your shoulders! So very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayayayayayay for great FISH. Results! What a relief! And, congrats on your little boy. I'm finding myself pretty partial to two boys, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yaaaahooo! Such good news! GREAT news!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray Leslie!! So happy to hear the FISH results and super congrats on your little boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!!!!! Just the ending to my day i hoped for!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news! So very excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YESSSS!!! That is awesome news!!!! I know you're not completely out of the woods yet, but I'm SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! Enjoy this moment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, thank GOODNESS!!! I've been thinking about and praying for you... so incredibly glad to hear everything looks to be okay! And - you're having another BOY!!! Yippee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is wonderful news! I cannot imagine how tough the last few weeks have been, I bet it is an amazing feeling knowing that some of the most difficult possibilities are no longer a worry. Now try to remember that you are pregnant today!

    ReplyDelete