Friday, May 18, 2012

Not a very good day....

I found myself very anxious today.  Work was slow and everything seemed to get on my nerves.  It was one of those days where it was not good to get near me or I might explode (well, maybe I am exaggerating a little. hehe!) 

First, a co-worker of mine who I am not crazy about comes into my office & starts giving me a hard time about wearing a coat still.  My office tends to be very cold in the mornings so I usually keep my coat on (and sometimes I actually forget I still have it on as I am comfortable.)  Well, this woman who only comes down to our floor once a week (every Friday morning) stops by and instead of saying hi, how are you -- proceeds to make fun of me for having my coat on when it is supposed to be 80 degrees out.  So, finally, it just hit me as this is not the first time she has done this and I say "if you have an issue with me wearing a coat, please keep it to yourself.  I am comfortable."   And this lady has the nerve to step into my office and say "it is warm in here! blah, blah, blah...."  So I get upset and say I am sick & tired of everyone giving me a hard time about wearing a coat."  I think she was really surprised by my actions and she apologized if she offended me and walked out.  A friend I work with told me once this woman walked out, she (my friend) quickly got on the phone as she did not want this other woman to come over to her desk.  She is so annoying!!  All my co-workers said next Friday, they are going to wear coats too!! LOL!  And one said she would bring me a scarf & mittens to wear too!! 

Then, there were some managers at work today that did a few stupid things (like one giving confidential payroll data to our customer) that I could not believe.  Why would you do this????  I did not call him to question why as I knew I would not be very friendly talking with him so I decided to wait until Monday to call him when I hopefully will be in a better mood.  

And to top it all off, at 4:50pm while I am in picking up my son, my OBs office leaves a message for me to call their office and if it is closed, to call the OB-GYN on call.  I knew this could not be good so I called the hospital to talk to the OB-GYN on call as it was after 5 when I got the message -- and my OB starts talking to me about going back on Lovenox.  At my appointment last week, my OB was surprised I was not already on Lovenox and started investigating again - my OB reached out to my new MFM to discuss past labwork / recommendations from my prior MFM, my first pregnancy and the fact that I have MTHFR and protein C/S deficiencies.  Both recommend that I go on the Lovenox ASAP.  I did get new lab work done this evening and based on the results, they will adjust their recommendations.  The results should take a week so in the meantime, they wanted me to start a low dose tonight.  The prescription was not ready (and I would not have been able to get to the pharmacy on time) so I decided to think about overnight.  Part of me thinks that a possible blood clot is not something to mess with, that I should do it (even though everything has been OK so far) and part of me thinks I should wait until the new lab work comes back.  There have been so many opinions based on what happened during my first pregnancy with this that it is so confusing.  I really do not know what is the right thing to do.  I do not want to do anything to jeopardize my little bean or my health as blood clots can be deadly but at the same time, I do not want to be on medication if I really do not need to be.  I am thinking the right thing to do is to take it and have no regrets.  Lovenox is very safe - it is just a very painful injection and thinking about taking it for 20 weeks (at 35/36 weeks, I would switch to heparin and then after delivery, go on some blood thinner, just not sure which one.)  

So, my two fears with getting pregnant again: having an amnio done and needing to go back on Lovenox.  And I am now facing both!!!  But, if in the end, if facing both means a healthy baby, I can not complain!  A healthy baby (and a healthy me) are what is most important!! 

So, in a nutshell, my day was not a fun one between the anxiety & the news about the drs wanting me to go back on Lovenox (I probably should have been on it from the beginning.)  

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!!  Would love to hear your weekend plans - I do not have any special plans so I would love to live vicariously through you!!   Good night!! 



7 comments:

  1. Oh man what a crazy day! I'm sorry that the two things you wanted ro deak with the least are rearing their ugly heads. It's probably a good idea to take it and have no regrets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. That does sound like a sucky day. I'd totally tell that woman off. And I'm sorry about the lovenox. (autocorrect keeps changing that to "love of" -- which seems appropriate since you take it for the love of your little bean)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the crappy day. Here's hoping the next few will look up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweetie, I'm sorry {{{HUGS}}} I'd probably go on the meds and if the blood work comes back and says you don't need it you could stop. Hope your annoying co-workers calm down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there! Sorry your day was crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too many stressful waits! I hope your blood test comes back quickly and your amnio gives you reassurance that things will keep moving along smoothly. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    PS I wear my coat at work sometimes too. When people comment I usually smile and don't say anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been following along, and haven't commented on your last couple posts... sorry! :( I am thinking and praying for you.... I know things will turn out great and your little bean will be a healthy little one. I am looking forward to your update!!!

    ReplyDelete