Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Counting the days....

Surprisingly I am pretty calm about things but I am still counting the days until the amnio.  13 sleeps and 12 1/2 days to go!  I had an OB appointment yesterday and my dr is awesome!  He calmed my fears a little bit about the amnio.  He said it will be uncomfortable but it should not be too bad in terms of pain.  He said the needle is thin.  I keep imaging this humungous needle in my abdomen!  You would think I would know better after injectables but of course I imagine the worst!  I plan to ask for the FISH results so that I will get them back faster.

Thankfully things are busy at home so that is keeping my mind mostly occupied.  I wish things were busier at work but it is nice leaving at 5 every day!  I also recently received the doppler (I lent mine to a friend and she accidentally dropped it so she bought me a new one) and the past two nights have found the HB!  Music to my ears = )  I will probably use it daily for a while since it helps me.  I keep reminding my little bean how much I love him/her and am praying for healthy news!  Hope is what is keeping me sane and calm!  Hope helped me through our years of TTC and hopefully it will get me through the next couple of weeks as well.

My poor little guy had his first real bloody nose today!  He was being a little stinker at daycare climbing up on table and fell.  He kept trying to climb afterwards and the only way they could get him down was to remind him he might hurt his nose again!  He definitely has a mind of his own when he is in a climbing mode.  He does this at home on our chairs!  It drives me crazy.  Hopefully he will grow out of this phase! Maybe before he goes to college? = )

Hope this post finds everyone is well!!




5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are getting through things day by day. Here's hoping the time goes by quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear you are taking one day at a time and feel less anxious about the amnio!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear your doctor calmed your fears and that you got a new doppler to listen to your LO's heartbeat. I remember that being such a reassuring and comforting thing during my pregnancy too. Sorry about the bloody nose, hopefully the climbing phase is short lived!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you get to hear the heartbeat whenever you want and also so glad your doc made you feel better. We haven't reached too much of the climbing phase yet, not looking forward to it! Hope the poor guy's nose is all better!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers crossed all of your "sleeps" go by fast and that we get to hear your great news in no time! Sending good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete