It was a lot of fun telling my parents and they are very excited. Our plan did not work quite as we hoped but it was still fun. We scanned our u/s picture and I texted it to my mom (as she is learning how to text) -- we named the text "Our little construction project - open house 10/19/10." We built our last two houses and my mom/dad have helped us throughout both processes as they built their current house so we thought this was a cute title. Once we sent the text, we let a 1/2 hour go by (as we were hoping she would see it and call.) There was no phone call so I finally called and asked my mom if she got my text but she had not yet. She went to get her phone and could not open the text. So, we emailed it to her and she was confused until she was able to open up the picture and realized that it was our u/s picture! She was very excited and ran upstairs to tell my dad, who was speechless! I had to remind them that it is still very early and that we are just telling them until we reach the 2T. Although I am sure my mom has spilled the beans to a few friends of hers....
I am 7w4d today. 5 days down and 16 more to go until my next u/s. The tiredness has definitely set in and I have been lazy all weekend. I did manage to make it out to run some errands yesterday but otherwise I have spent most of my weekend on the couch. Today, there has been an NCIS marathon to keep me company. My BIL started us watching NCIS and now we are addicted!
How am I going to make it through the next 2 weeks and 2 days without going stir crazy? I know I need to take it one day at a time!
That is a very cute way to tell the rents! I was telling my Dh I wanted to do something cute to tell our parents when we get pregnant.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the 2WW!!!
It's so funny, no matter what special way we plan to tell our parents, if it involves any sort of technology, it always bombs! ;)
ReplyDeleteI know that wait between u/s is so tough -- just hang in there!
I know how tough that waiting can be. looking back however the time will go by so quickly!!
ReplyDeleteThats such a great way you told your parents. =)
What a cute way to tell your parents. Things never seem to go as planned when it's something this special. I'm sure they are over the moon. And yes, the waiting never ends. Hang in there as I'm sure you are doing a great job even though you think you aren't. :-)
ReplyDeleteI love the way you told your parents...too cute! I guess we're stuck in another 2ww together on the next ultrasounds too! ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute way to tell your parents. I love it! Try not to go too crazy during this "new" 2WW. I hope the time flies by!
ReplyDeleteHow fun!!! Happy you got to clue your folks in =) The fatigue will help time pass...just remember that pregnancy is one of the few times you have a great excuse for naps - long ones!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting!!! :) C'mon next u/s, come faster!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute way to tell your parents!!! How do you hang in there til the u/s? Blog, of course!!! Anyway just remember we are all here for you if you need that little bit of distraction, and I agree with someday-soon, take lots of naps!!!
ReplyDelete