
My DH & I saw the most beautiful sight this morning when we got to see our little bean and his/her heartbeat! It was incredible and amazing. I could not stop smiling = ) I was so nervous at first as my RE (who is a teaching RE) showed the resident around my uterus/ovary area and I did not see anything. Then, he said "I bet you want to get to the good part" and he brought our little bean up within seconds. We could see the heartbeat immediately.
I am 6w6d today and my little bean is measuring right at 6w6d today. My due date is 10/19/10. It is still very early and I am still nervous of course but we decided to tell my parents tonight. We actually just texted my mom and are going to see if she calls in the next 10-15 minutes. If not, we will call my mom & dad to tell them. We have decided not to go public otherwise until we have reached the 2nd trimester. My parents know about our treatments and have been a great support so we thought it was OK to tell them a little earlier.
Unfortunately, I have to wait three whole weeks until my next ultrasound. I was hoping it would just be two but my RE wanted to wait three. I figure if I get really nervous, I can always call and ask for an extra one (I will have to pay for it out of pocket but that would be OK to me.) I will be making an appt soon with an OB, hopefully to occur very shortly after my next RE appt!
I know we still have a long ways to go and I will probably forever be nervous -- but I wanted to share the good news and say thank y'all for your wonderful support. I could not have made it through the last few weeks with you!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!
I'm so happy for you!!! That first u/s is truly amazing. =) Congrats again!!!
ReplyDeleteFantastic news!! Congratulations! Such a beautiful picture!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful Little Baby Bean:)
ReplyDeleteI am so very happy for you, Girl!
I love this!!! I'm SO happy for you! Hope to be joining you very soon =)
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you!!! I've been waiting for your update! what an adorable little bean! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm breathing a sigh of relief for you. I'm so glad your appointment went well. Can't wait to hear how your parents react to the news!!
ReplyDeleteThis is fantastic news, Leslie. It really is such a beautiful sight!! If you decide to pay out of pocket for the extra u/s don't feel guilty-I did one with DD and felt that I just really needed it.
ReplyDelete(((HUGS)))
Oh, Leslie, what an absolutely wonderful sight!!!!! :) I am so happy for you! This is wonderful and just...well... YAY!
ReplyDeleteAmazing!! Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteOh, I just teared up reading this. I'm so incredibly happy for you, Leslie! Congratulations! You have a beautiful little bean. :)
ReplyDeleteHow amazing!!! Congratulations!! I don't blame you for thinking you won't be able to wait 3 more weeks! That's a lifetime! But I'm so glad everything looks good so far. How are you feeling?
ReplyDeleteWOO-HOO!!!! So happy for you Leslie =) Seeing the heartbeat is a huge, wonderful, amazing milestone. Try to revel in the glory of it anytime you get nervous. Way to go little bean!!!
ReplyDeleteYay Leslie! I'm so glad you were able to see your little bean and hear the heartbeat. The first u/sis amazing and they just get better from here! :)
ReplyDeleteLeslie, That is excellent news. I hadn't seen updates from you on the IVF board so came here looking for it. :)
ReplyDeleteLeslie, that's great news!! SO glad to see/read that all is continuing to go well!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy for you Leslie!!! Grow little bean grow!! :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! So happy for you! Glad that things are going so well, and I pray that it will continue that way!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much to everyone for your kind comments! I appreciate them very very much!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Leslie...so happy for you guys, that's awesome we're about a week apart!!!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you, sweets! What a beautiful sight!!!
ReplyDeleteBEST. NEWS. EVER!!!! so happy for you, my friend! You deserve this! xoxo Andrea (paprincess77 from ivillage)
ReplyDelete