Sunday, February 28, 2010

Remembering our Last Vacation





I am feeling very anxious again today - I had actually felt some sense of calm during the week. I was so happy for the weekend to be here after a long work week but the weekend could not be going any slower. I feel like Tuesday is still an eternity away and I have had too much time this weekend to convince myself something bad is going to happen and I am never going to have that happy moment I have dreamed of (I of course pray that I am very wrong). I hate myself for feeling this way still as I wish I could just enjoy and let the anxious-ness go. I have never been able to feel calm when faced with uncertainty. In my efforts to try to think positively and feel a little happier, I brought up some of our pictures from our vacation in Hawaii in 2007. It has helped to remember the fun time we had and also remember back to a time when TTC and infertility were still not yet on the forefront of every thought and decision.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, those are beautiful pictures! My sister and her husband just went to Hawaii last summer. I hope your wait till your u/s goes smoothly and quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, those are absolutely amazing!!

    Don't get down on yourself for being nervous. I hope tomorrow goes by quickly and Tuesday comes really soon and with tons of excitement and joy. Wishing you all kinds of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures!! Is that the Big Island? We were there in December and it looks very familiar. I think those memories of how relaxing it is there is a good place to go when you are anxious!! Not much longer. Tuesday will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures, I just adore Hawaii! I hope you get to choose a fun babymoon soon!

    As for stress of waiting for that 1st u/s for a long-time IFers, you're not alone. So many of us are still waiting for something to go wrong after so long, that I think the wait between the betas and the 1st u/s is the worst one in all of TTC and pregnancy.

    I'll be praying that you see a lovely bean and heartbeat! I really think this is your time, Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures. They look like a postcard!!! I'm holding my breath for you for Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures - gorgeous! I hope Tuesday comes quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures, Leslie. Hang in there ... one more day to go :) Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous pics, we went to Hawaii for our honeymoon 5 years ago and I can't wait to go back!!! Thinking of you, one more day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful pictures!!! Try to close your eyes and picture yourself at those places...maybe it'll bring some calm {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I have selected to pass on my first blog award to you -- the Sunshine Award! Stop by for a visit to pick up your award

    Big Belly or Bust

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning pictures. I love nature and I love that other people find joy in its natural beauty as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thinking of you today Leslie and hoping there's a fast and healthy heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete