Although I do not have any specific plans, I am so glad it is the weekend. Unfortunately I have some work to do but I am in denial about that at the moment. I never thought this week would end - I had to give a presentation this morning and I hate presenting in front of groups. Thankfully, the presentation went pretty well with some good interaction. It is a nice feeling to have it over with.
DH & my BIL are going to a beer festival tomorrow (outside in the freezing cold - not sure why they have this in February each year but they do) so I look forward to just being able to relax at home. Hopefully this will calm my nervous --- 3 1/2 more days to go until my ultrasound. I am still pretty anxious and I think driving my husband crazy. I can tell I am nervous as I have a twitch in my eye. I hope Tuesday will help resolve the twitch!
On another note, DH & I have started to talk about possibly going on a vacation sometime this year if we are able to. If everything progesses well, I have heard it is OK to travel during the 2nd trimester. I would of course make sure before finalizing reservations. We have one plane ticket outstanding from a cruise we had to cancel last year when DH lost his job. We have thought about a) renting a beach house in SC a couple of hours from where my parents live b) Puerto Rico and b) Play Del Carmen Mexico. I will keep thinking of other places. Any suggestions? I would prefer a vacation that is very relaxing..... and where there is a nearby spa!!
I also wanted to apologize for not being the best ICLWer this week. Thank you for your wonderful thoughts & support to my post from Monday!! It has helped more than I can say in words!!!
Must be some beer festival to be braving the elements!
ReplyDeleteI would opt for renting a house in SC. If it were under different circumstances, I'd say either of the other two but I think you may feel more relaxed in SC.
All of those vacations sound nice! The most relaxing would probably be renting the house because you would be close to family and could have them visit and you don't have to travel quite as far. Still, they all sound relaxing!!
ReplyDeleteI went to the festival 2 years ago ... but I do believe it was after an IUI cycle so I wasn't drinking while waiting for the BFN news!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear your ultrasound news! Praying for a good growing bean!
You definitely need to go on a vacation - you deserve it! I love Playa del Carmen, although the water thing always freaks me out about Mexico. I'm a big fan of Scottsdale. The weather is always good and there are a ton of awesome spas. The Sanctuary is amazing.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear about your ultrasound!!
Hi Leslie,
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping my blog. Congrats on your BFP!
ICLW
I'd go with SC, because I'm a nut & wouldn't leave the country pg, especially to Mexico. I hope you have a wonderful time wherever you go!!!
ReplyDeletesending reassuring (((HUGS))) for your u/s!!! Will be anxiously awaiting the results!
Congrats on having your presentation over and done with! Hopefully it kept your mind busy during the later part of this week =)
ReplyDeleteA babymoon sounds wonderful! All the places you list sound great. KUP on what you decide. My DH and I are going to Cozumel, Mexico in mid March. My doc was totally cool with me going and I'll be 28 weeks. I thik 32 weeks is the cutoff for my OB.
I'm so excited for your u/s...and hoping it takes care of that eye twitch, I know they can be beyond annoying!! And vacay sounds awesome, I love SC...grew up going to Hilton Head. AZ is also fabulous, very zen and peaceful!!
ReplyDeleteYou definitely deserve a vacation!!! Beaches are a good thing... And, there's nothing more adorable than a giant pregnant lady waddling around in a bathing suit! :)
ReplyDeleteSending so many happy thoughts for your u/s!!