Sunday, February 21, 2010

Why am I so scared?

I have this overwhelming feeling of being scared this weekend. I do not know why as I really have no specific reason to be scared. I am so scared something is going to pull the rug from underneath me so to speak. I so want to enjoy that I am finally pregnant after all of these years and treatments. I am so incredibly thankful to be where I am at and I have dreamed of this time for sooooo long but for some reason, I am letting fear control me and I do not know how to let this it go. I hate myself for feeling this way as I so want to not feel this way. I know I have to let this fear go. How, I keep asking myself!

I am sorry this is not a very happy post to start ICLW week off!! Hopefully I will snap out of my fog of fear soon!

Happy ICLW week! I look forward to getting to know the friends I have met over the last couple of months since I started blogging and to meeting new friends as well!!

15 comments:

  1. Overwhelming fear is a huge part of early pregnancy! It's normal and to be expected. Sending you big hugs! Hope you are able to relax soon and enjoy this special time!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sorry I haven't made more time to visit my friends' blogs but we're in the middle of trying to get the house prepped to sell & I feel like any "free time" I have I need to spend with Will and DH. WOO HOO for your wonderfully rising betas! I understand the fear. It's normal after all you've been through. I had that overwhelming feeling of the pregnancy suddenly disappearing until I was almost 30-32 weeks. Someone told me that your fears just transfer from one thing to another and it took me awhile to realize that that's the life of being a parent, whether a parent to a baby growing inside you or to one in your arms. I'm cheering you on & am SO hopeful that you'll be holding a sweet baby in your arms this Fall. ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. After all that you have gone through to get here, it's perfectly normal that you're feeling scared.

    Forgive me for not remembering...do you have a doctor's appointment or an u/s scheduled yet? I'm just thinking perhaps these things will give you peace of mind.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for reassuring me that my fears are normal. I do have an u/s scheduled for March 2nd so 9 days to go! I hope & pray it confirms that everything is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you lot's of relaxing vibes. I realize it is close to impossible to let go of the fears but we will do our very best on here to help you;) so I am pretty sure everything will be alright. Think about your Tiny snuggling in there, I am sure that can make you smile (((wink)))
    Much love your ways.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's totally understandable. I'm thinking all sorts of positive thoughts for you, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree that it's totally noraml to be scared that something will go wrong. It helped me when I promised myself to just look at each day and be thankful I am pregnant. It's so hard to stop the cycle of worry that TTC entails...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry. It's completely understandable. Hopefully your upcoming u/s will help to ease things. Lots of cheerful thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been through a lot. Sending you hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course you're scared! I was a basket case pretty much up until my 10 week u/s. After trying for so long and having had losses in the past, we'd be nuts to just go tripping happily down the road. But like Caryn said, just try to take each day one day at a time, call your RE if you need any reassurance (even a 4th beta) and try to keep yourself occupied through that 1st u/s!

    ReplyDelete
  11. (((HUGS)))!! Anyone who's been down your road would feel the same. One step at a time. we're all here cheering you on!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Leslie, I am so feeling like you. I have not officially scheduled the ultrasound but my doctor mentioned maybe next week. I should know when it will be for sure Wed or Thurs. It is surreal, feeling like this, I know, are we really pregnant??? This was news I read on other peoples blogs and while I always wished it for me, I can't believe that finally maybe it has. So i totally get you girl. Anyway, I look forward to following your journey and welcome you to follow mine. Happy ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I totally get it... its hard to enjoy being pregnant when you've been through as much as you have. I'm thinking of you, rooting for you, and have my fingers and toes crossed that this really is the one :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's okay to be scared. I can guarantee I will feel the exact same way if I am ever in your shoes. Sending you lots of hugs and hoping that this week flies by.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i am right there with you. the fear is horrible, but i have been promised that it will go away. hope it goes away for both of us soon.

    ilcw

    ReplyDelete