Monday, February 22, 2010

A Broken Record...






I know I sound like a broken record that keeps playing over and over. So, in my pure paranoia, I keep POAS and thankfully, I am finding that the 2nd lines come up fast and are as dark (ept from Sunday) or darker (frer from tonight) than the control line. I tried to attach pictures and of course they are blurry. You would think this would calm my nerves. Every moment I start getting calm, I feel a twinge that makes me nervous or I feel like symptoms go away or I feel really "wet" down there & run to the bathroom to make sure everything is OK. What is wrong with me? I know I should be patient. I want to make my DH proud of me that I can be patient. He already has everything set to take the morning of the 2nd off. He keeps telling me to be positive. I am trying. I swear I am. I have made it through one week. I can make it through another! I just have to keep telling myself this. I have to believe in myself like the little train that could! I have to play this over and over in my head whenever I get a negative thought. No more negative thoughts allowed!!!

28 comments:

  1. Oh how I know exactly what you are talking about. You're doing great. One day at a time. No, if you need to, one hour at a time. You'll get there.

    And you don't sound like a broken record. You sound like a woman who is thankful to be pregnant but who is scared. That's all normal. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some beautiful lookin' pee sticks girlie :) Let it take it's time to sink in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous lines!:)
    Actually, I think you are pretty strong. If I were in your shoes I wouldn't do so great that's for sure. Not only I would keep peeing on sticks 2 times a day but I see myself driving my doc's nutty and I would even go that far cheating out u/s's. So you can consider yourself very patient now;)
    Your hubby is right about positive thoughts, but it's like chasing butterflies, not so easy in this emotional-hormonal state. However, I agree that's the way to go. Just think about your beautiful Baby Bean snuggling in there. That makes me smile for you!:)
    Much love your ways,
    erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Leslie, I know how hard this is ... hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous lines you have!!! Deep breaths & one day at a time. I know 3/2 can't come fast enough for you. Thinking positive thoughts for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some great lookin pee sticks. :) Just think: You only have one week to go! You are doing so great, Leslie. One day at a time. Thinking lots of good thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those lines allllll look GREAT! You just hang on, you're almost there. You're doing awesome. And you can keep on doing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are beautiful BFPs! I know how hard it is to relax, especially this early on! Sending positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those sticks girl!! You just keep hanging in there, and don't beat yourself up too much. Those negative thoughts haunt us all, just keep looking at your stick pics and reminding yourself that everything is ok!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sticks all look great...congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If it makes you feel any better I POAS until my first u/s too. Try not to be hard on yourself about being nervous, it's natural. Take some deep breaths and hopefully the 2nd is here before you know it...you're down to less than a week =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The lines are gorgeous. It's totally understandable to not be able to feel positive about this. We'll all feel positive for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! I'm sending you lots of positive vibes.

    *ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats ! Beautiful lines girl ! Sending you tons of positive thougths and some prayers too !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are gorgeous lines!! If POAS is your way of calming your nerves, pee away! : ) I totally understand where you're coming from and I'm sending tons of positive vibes your way! That's why we're here, we'll be positive for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the well wishes on my IUI. Congrats on the numerous BFP's!!! I will be doing this exact same thing once I get one BFP! I'm sending some positive vibes your way! Looking forward to even more updates. =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats!!! Prayers and thoughts for a H&H 9 months!

    Melissa
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nothing is wrong with you. Some level of paranoia is normal after what you've gone through to get to this level.

    Congrats on your positive!

    ~ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey lady, thanks so much for stopping by my blog & your kind words! Can't wait to hear how wonderfully your u/s goes next week! I hear you on the worry...I've been feeling the same, just waiting for the ball to drop & praying it doesn't at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are some perfect little positives!!! Congrats!!! Thank you for your reply on my blog. I'm going insane waiting to test. I really hope I can get that BFP....and then I'll just move on to doing the same thing that you're doing, driving myself crazy with worry. Hey maybe next week I'll be right beside you and we can help each other get through the worry together. I'll be giving you some POSITIVE VIBES and hope you have an H&H 9 months!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's so tough to have confidence after toughing it through IF!! I'm doing my best to send some positive vibes your way!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is so exciting!!!!! Think positive, think positive, think positive!! You can do it!!! I'm rooting for you!!!!! ((HUGS))

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don't be too hard on yourself! It is really hard to believe when you've struggled so hard to get where you are. Completely and totally normal!

    Congrats on the BFP and the darkening lines!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on your BFP! Yes, it is nervewracking, hard to believe, worrisome - BUT that is something every woman staring at a bfp goes through. I'm 32 weeks and I still have anxiety and wonder if it's really happening :) Hang in there, you are gonna be just fine!

    ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those photos are such a beautiful sight to see! Looks great...such dark lines!!! :) Hope the days ahead fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love seeing those pictures and seeing the lines darken. I think it's a great sign. I know you are nervous and that's ok. I think you are doing a great job...just don't go broke with those pee sticks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. After the journey through IF, it's hard to set aside the fear that something so wonderful can really be happening to you. I know those feelings. But just think positive. Those tests are beautiful with nice, dark lines. Be encouraged to know that the irrational POAS urge is natural and the fear is all natural, too. Congratulations!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete