I felt great on Thursday and thought that I was fortunate to have kicked nausea & fatigue out of the house. I was wrong, but will take any amount of it to have a healthy little one. I felt pretty bad on Friday at work and over this weekend so far. Thankfully for me, nausea is just an icky stomach ache and no vomiting. I have been pretty lucky in that respect. I have not slept well the last few nights as I am trying to train my body to sleep on my side and not on my back. I have always been a stomach/back sleeper and have been reading that it is good to start sleeping on your side now as after a certain point, sleeping on one's back is not recommended. My body is not liking sleeping on its side. I did take a nap this afternoon (after only being up for 2 hours. LOL) and put a large pillow behind me/small pillow in front of me and that seemed to help a little. I think if all goes well at my appt tomorrow, I will be looking into a body pillow of some sort to help.
I am nervous for my first OB appt tomorrow. I am still not sure what to expect and hope that I like the staff at the drs office. My first two appts are with their nurse/midwives and then I move to seeing the drs (not sure why they do this?). Hoping & Praying it is an uneventful appt & everything is continuing to progress well.
My first appt at the OB was a 15 minute meeting where they took your history of genetic issues (both you and your DH's). Then they weighed me, listened for the heartbeat on a doppler and asked me if I had any questions or concerns. That was it, I was amazed! It took a while to convice myself that these dull appointments are a good thing.
ReplyDeleteTalk with your doc about the sleeping thing. Mine says that it's best to try to go to sleep on your side but don't stress if you roll over to your back during sleep. She says it's more important that you get rest any way possible than to stress about what position you are in. With that said I've heard the body pillows are really great. I've thought about getting one but with only 9 weeks left I'm going to try to hold out. A pillow between the knees is a big help when your hips start widening...for me that was around 23 weeks.
Best wishes for a dull appt at the OB tomorrow =)
Congrats on graduating to an OB! Good luck tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteWow...transitioning to the OB! Yippee!
ReplyDeleteHate to be the bearer of bad news but sleep will be elusive for quite some time. I'm with Caryn and you should take it how you can get it. Pretty soon your little bean will dictate how and where you can sleep...whether it's on your side in bed or in a recliner.
Good luck with your appointment today!
Good luck!!!! Can't wait to hear the update!
ReplyDeleteGood luck this morning :) Will be thinking about you :)
ReplyDeleteI hope your first OB appointment leaves you with the warm and fuzzies. I didn't particularly like my pre-TTC OB after IVF and RE treatments and ultimately ended up swapping at 14 weeks. Best decision I ever made. I say all of this to let you know that if you walk away from this first visit feeling a little let down that it's probably very normal :)
Hope the appt went awesome this morning and that you *clicked* with the office!
ReplyDeleteI hope your appt went well today and that you heard your little one's heart beating away saying "I'm doing great Mommy!!" Can't wait to see your update!
ReplyDeleteI hope your first OB appointment was great and that you felt like a *normal* pregnant lady!
ReplyDelete