Saturday, April 24, 2010

Heart Beat Doppler

So, I purchased a doppler last week and it arrived =) I have been so excited about it but this morning when I went to use it, I could not get the courage up to actually use it. I am too nervous that I might not be able to find a heartbeat and then will be freaking out all day, night and forever. I am 14w3d today and am thinking maybe I should wait to use it until after my next appt in 2 weeks. I just do not know. Why do I have to be so wishy-washy about these things?

9 comments:

  1. Here's what I always tell people about dopplers: try using it, but when you do, expect NOT to find the heartbeat. You'll probably find it, but this way you don't freak yourself out if your bean is in an awkward position and it's hard to find the hb. Good luck deciding what to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand the uncertainty. Maybe you could take it to your appointment and see if they can help you find the h/b with it so you'll be more likely to know how to use it later?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to get one of those, you'll have to let me know how it goes. The first time, I would try it right before you next appointment so you wouldn't be freaking out for long if you couldn't find the heartbeat. And if the people at the doctors office were willing to help, that'd be great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've ordered one too, but am waiting for it to arrive...I cannot wait!!! I'll definitely try it at first, but as Katie said will try not to freak out if I can't find is since I'm not sure exactly how to use it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it's scary but from what I've heard it's pretty predictable after 12w. We had to look for five minutes or so the first time we used it at 11W but you get pretty good at finding it. Right now I think it'll be right near your pelvic bone. GL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It might be a little early, just yet, so I agree with the girls and say expect not to find it right away. However, I am very excited for you, it will be a so very nice to enjoy the company of your Little Bub in a special way. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw hoping you're able to use it soon and enjoy hearing that wonderful heartbeat. Hugs! Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's why I didn't buy one!! I agree it maybe a bit early as I was in hosp from 18w and the nurse struggled sometimes then and told me it was still a little early.

    ~ICLW~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your pregnancy! I was able to start using my doppler (a VERY cheap model) at 12 weeks. In those early weeks it could take me up to 20 minutes to find it though (and sometimes I didn't find it). Later it became much easier. Good luck if you decide to try!

    ~ICLW~

    ReplyDelete