Friday, April 16, 2010

Nervous I did something wrong today......

I went for my weekly acupuncture appt today, which I always look forward to as it is a time for relaxation & a nap in the middle of the day = ) However, at the end of the appt, my acupuncturist who I trust dearly used these suction cups on my back to help start strengthening my back and minimize lower back pain later on. This was not the first time but the first time while being pregnant. And this time it sort of hurt! I stupidly did not say anything at the time but as the day went on, the ligament-like pain on my right side has started again! Now, I am worried that I did something wrong and worse, did something to hurt my little bean! I know my acupuncturist would not do anything to harm me or my little bean but I worry at almost anything these days. I hope my worrying is for nothing! I think I am going to ask next week for her to either not use the suction cups or to be a little gentler. I wish I were not so filled with worry that every little step I am going to take will be bad! I need to figure out how to worry a little less and enjoy everything more!! Tomorrow I will go shopping & hopefully that will help take my mind off of the constant worrying!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure everything is fine, but I can imagine every little twinge is stress-inducing. Your bean is resilient and can take it - cupping and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's hard not to worry but your little bean is tough =) Have fun shopping tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are probably okay. Like you said, your acupuncturist wouldn't do anything that would harm your bean. Have a good time shopping today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can totally understand your worry about every little twinge but I know your bean is safe and sound!! Good plan on asking your acupuncturist to take it easier next time so you feel better afterwards. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll echo what everyone else said, you have a very strong bean and I'm sure everything is fine. If you're still worried on Monday give your OB a quick call to see what he/she thinks. Hope you find some great bargains while shopping!

    ReplyDelete