I made it through the 3 hour Glucose test .... which turned into more like 4 hours as the lab was so busy and they did not have me drink the wonderful (not!)orange drink until almost an hour after I arrived and took my fasting b/w. I was so hungry when I left the lab. Now I wait for the results, which should be ready on Monday. Hopefully I will pass and not have GD - but if I do, I will be more than happy to change my diet or do whatever is needed for my little guy to be healthy! I wish I knew the results today but will try not to worry about it over the weekend.
Thankfully the weather is a lot nicer today (not so hot) and it is supposed to be nice this weekend too! Today is my DH's birthday but he is playing softball tonight so we are celebrating tomorrow.
Since my post on Wednesday, I have discovered taking medication can be one complicated process. I take medication for my thyroid, prenatal vitamins and now iron supplements. I have since found out that iron can not be taken with my thyroid medication but both are supposed to be taken on empty stomachs -- and the iron can also not be taken with my prenatal vitamin. I am going to try to take my thyroid medication in the morning when I get up, my iron pill in the afternoon between lunch & snack time and my prenatal vitamin in the evening with dinner. I have a hard time remembering to take meds so this should be very interesting. It was suggested to me to set alarms on my phone - so I may try this or I am also thinking about setting up little calendar reminders at work for my iron pill so I do not distubrb others with my phone. Hope this schedule works and I can remember! I must remember!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!
Glad the 3-hour test is over! I hope the results come back looking great. As for remembering to take pills, I can never remember either. I finally had to get one of those old lady pill boxes with the days of the week on them. Not joking! It really does help, though.
ReplyDeleteGlad the test is over. I hope the results are good!
ReplyDeleteCrqzy with all the pills. I think katie's old lady pill box is a good idea!
Hope the results are good. I would definitely need a pill box and alarms to remind me to take them! Why does everything have to be so complicated?!
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed for good results!
ReplyDeleteI hear ya on the med schedule. I have my prenatal, 3 calcium supplements and an iron supplement to try and remember...never fails I forget one of the calciums or the iron in a day. It's a pain! Your idea of the calendar reminders sounds like a good one. Happy the 3 hr test is over and I hope it comes back showing that everyting is fine! Hope you enjoy the nice weather this weekend =)
ReplyDeleteI too have a old lady pill type contraption with days of the week on it, it helps though LOL! I sure hope your 3 hour comes back ok. So if you pass three hour then you're good then? When we get back from our vacation I will taking the GD 1 hour, praying I pass. Carbs are my friend too let me tell you. xoxo
ReplyDeleteI hope you pass your test but I like your attitude if you don't. I too felt so starved after my test that all I wanted to do was EAT a massive croissant.. which I did! I was told to take my iron with orange juice as it helps absorb the iron more efficiently.. you might want to look into it. Good look with remembering to take all your meds..I am sure once it becomes a routine you'll remember with no problem!
ReplyDeleteI hoping you get back good results today!!! I am a little scared for the test.
ReplyDeleteHey Leslie, I hope your results come back negative for GD!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your hubs too - I hope you had a nice celebration last week :)
I set alarms for my meds on my phone, my work computer, anywhere I can - I am the same as you - I have such a hard time remembering!! Good luck with that :)