Thursday, July 15, 2010

I passed the 3 hour GD test and other 26w1d updates = )

My OB appt went well today. My dr confirmed for me today that I passed the 3 hour GD test. Yeah! So happy!! He said it was not even close so it sounds like I passed with flying colors too! I did not ask the exact numbers though. I had a good feeling I passed after not hearing from the drs office on Monday this week. The dr did apologize for not having anyone call me earlier in the week to let me know. I just assumed that they go by the no news is good news philosophy! The UTI test also came back negative so that is a good thing! I have been having a lot of dampness down there so my dr also checked for a bacterial infection and did not see any signs of infection. It sounds like it is just a symptom of pregnancy for me!!

Questionaire Time = )

How far along?: 26w1d = )

Weight?: between 9 and 12 pounds depending on the time of the day.

Maternity clothes?: Still loving them!! Bought two new t-shirts this weekend that are coming in handy!

Stretch marks?: Thankfully not as many as I really thought I would have by now. The lotion is helping!

Sleep?: Some days are OK and some not so good! I am still sleeping on my back.

Best moment this week?: Passing my GD test and any movement from my little bean is absolute joy!!

Movement?: Yes!!! Still of course not as much as I would like (I would like it ALL the time) but I know he needs his quiet time too.

Food cravings?: Chocolate brownies are the best!!! I made some for my DH's birthday and love them!!

What I miss?: Sushi & Diet Coke!

What I'm looking forward to?: Our 3D u/s next Thursday and stronger/stronger movement! I love feeling him!!

How's Daddy? Working too much right now!! He is very excited - loves rubbing my belly & talking to Baby Dude!

Emotions: Still full of anxiety! I was worried it might be reflected in my blood pressure today but my dr said my blood pressure looks good!

Other: I went swimming today! I have not done enough in terms of exercise the last few weeks as it has been too hot out to walk. I inquired about joining our local gym and they gave me a free pass to try out the facility. So I used it to go swimming today. I tried to do the freestyle and it made my stomach feel very uncomfortable -- however I then tried backstroke and it was nice. I alternated between the backstroke and just kicking on my back. I also did a little bit of walking in the water! Since I have not exercised much lately, I definitely took it slow and easy. I was a competitive swimmer for many many years when I was younger and it was definitely weird to be back in the pool as the only time I have been in the water in recent years is when I am on vacation. I now have to decide whether I want to join the gym or not. It is expensive but I know it is the only way I will get exercise, which I also know is good for a healthy pg and delivery. Decisions, Decisions!!!

I started looking into daycare this week too! Oh my! Very overwhelming! I visited one location on Monday and will be visiting another tomorrow! And then hopefully one more early next week. All three are very close to where both my DH & I work so that is a good thing! There are just so many things to think about. How will we ever make a decision? If you have any advice, I would love to hear from you on things to look for, things to watch out for etc etc.

Yeah for tomorrow being Friday = )

11 comments:

  1. WOO-HOO for passing the 3hr GD test and for a great OB appt =) So happy for you that everything is going just as it should! Good for your for going and getting some exercise, I vote for joining the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo for the GD test!!!!

    And, yay for the update!! Things are sounding great. I think the swimming is great. It is so hard to get back into exercise after a while. And, i know what you mean about getting back into swimming. I swam competitively, too, and started again a few years ago after being out for a decade or so (then stopped again a year later). It felt strange. And, it is hard to not go all out -- it is like your body just feels the water and thinks that is what it needs to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great you passed that test! GD would be a big pain! Sounds like everything is going so great for you! I'm getting nervous b/c I'm not feeling any kicks or movements! I'm almost 19 weeks and I just want to feel my babe in there!
    LTB

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay for passing the 3 hour glucose test!! =)

    good luck looking at daycare! i'm lucky that Eirik doesn't have to be in daycare, but I worked at one in high school. Make sure to ask about their early and late policies (do they have a before and after care, how much do they charge, etc.). Also security... how do people get in and out of the building, who can pick a child up, etc. Look at how the children are separated and that there are age appropriate items. Ask if they offer any discounts! Some places will give a discount if you pay up front or if you work at a local business! I say generally go with your gut. =) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So glad to hear you passed the 3 hr test! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo hoo! So glad you passed. Phew!

    Congrats on 26 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on passing the GD test!! Great news! 26 weeks already ... awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woot woot for passing the 3 hour test! As you know I passed it too with flying colors after flunking the one hour, go figure. Some OBs are starting to just do the 3 hour because so many people flunk the 1-hour but patients are pushing back because no one wants to bother with the 3 hour unless they have to.

    And good for you with the swimming! I did it for a few days and really liked it but have since put my gym membership on hold for 3 months. Oh well, now I can be lazy ;).

    ReplyDelete
  9. WooHoo for passing the GD test and for a great appointment! I love the updates too!! Swimming sounds so great right now in this oppresssive heat! It's always been my favorite form of exercise, I should check out my local gyms too....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for passing!! That's great news! Now you can indulge in your cravings:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm so happy for you! awesome news, Leslie!!

    ReplyDelete