
I love three day weekends! I kept thinking today was Saturday since we do not have to work tomorrow. It has been a very hot & humid weekend so it is nice to be chilling out tonight indoors in the air conditioning (I am sooooo thankful we have a/c.)
Yesterday, we spent much of the day out and about looking at baby furniture and gear. It was fun, but quite overwhelming for us as we are clueless and still have a lot to learn. Even though it is embarrasing to say, I have never handled a car seat before so it was quite a sight watching me look at the travel systems. I am still very anxious so this was a big and exciting step for me to get out to explore. And an even bigger step as I have been afraid to buy anything (except for 2 onesies) up until now -- we are 99% sure we are going to order the crib in the attached picture. I would probably wait longer, but we were told it will take 6-8 weeks to be delivered. We are going to order a dresser/changing table, a glider and a small night-stand to match the crib too. It is a convertable crib so we are probably going to order the conversion kits too and store them just in case they decide to discontinue the furniture in the future before we would need to convert the bed.
Our day today was mostly about FOOD! We went out for a nice breakfast (I had yummy french toast), walked around an art fair in town, went out for ice cream and my DH made a nice dinner for me! In between all of our eating, we did some grocery shopping too!
Also, I talked with my DH and we are going to see the show Dirty Rotten Scoundrels for his birthday! I will take him out for dinner before-hand. It should be a nice evening! We love seeing shows together so it should be fun! Thank you to everyone for your help & ideas. I would have loved to do a cooking class, but did not think I could find one in time as we live out in the country. I will have to keep my eye out for some for another occassion!!
On the pregnancy front, I had a 24 week OB appt this past Wednesday that went well. I met with the 2nd of the three OBs in the office I go to.... the dr was great! We talked for 1/2 hour at least about my anxiety, my thyroid, the wetness I am feeling down there (sorry tmi), etc etc. He was very thorough and really nice to talk with. He checked our little guy's heartbeat and measured my uterus/belly. And he wants me to start coming back every 2 weeks now = ). I was very happy about this. I am thinking it is mostly due to my anxiety. For me, it is the best thing! I also scheduled a 3D ultrasound for July 22nd (yeah!! - 18 days to go!!). And we signed up for Childbirth Classes in August -- 4 2 hour classes throughout the month! And I found a breastfeeding class too so I am thinking about signing up for this too.
I go tomorrow for my 1 hour gestational diabetes test! I was thankful the lab at our hospital is open tomorrow and I do not have to miss more work. I am hoping & praying I pass! My brother has diabetes though, but my dr did not think this really puts me at much of a greater risk. I am glad they are testing me now though just in case. I have a dentist appt this week too so I will missing a little work for this appt!
Not sure what else we will do tomorrow as it is supposed to rain. The house needs some cleaning and organizing so it might be a good opportunity to work on that. Our bedroom and closet are disaster areas so I need to spend some quality time getting them into order!
I hope everyone is having a fun weekend! Happy 4th of July to those in the States!!
It's great to see your update, and that everything is going so great! I love those furniture pics, I can hardly wait for your own pics;)
ReplyDeleteYay! for setting up the 3D u/s. Can hardly wait!
Yaay for you going out to look at baby things!! I know it's a big step for us IF moms to be but trust me once you let go and go for it, it's so much fun! I love the crib you are going to buy, it looks so classy and I am sure your Aaron will be very happy in it. The crib and furniture are big positive steps and I am glad you are going for it!! Lucky you who gets to go to go for check ups every 2 weeks now, I wonder when I will start going more often. Good luck with your GTT today, I am sure you will be fine! cannot wait to read your update and see pictures of Aaron in 3D!!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day off! Love the nursery pic...that crib is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteSounds like things are going great. I'm so glad that you're moving forward. Good luck with the test today.
ReplyDeleteAnd, don't you just love long weekends?! I always feel like it is multiple Saturdays in a row.
I love seeing this update with you talking about getting all the preparations of your LO =) It's that time! The furniture is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteDinner and a show sound like a perfect thing for your DH's b-day. Hope you have a great time!
GL on your CD test, KUP.
Wow, sounds like you are one busy girl!! So glad everything is going so well, and that's great they want to bring you in every 2 weeks! Your OB office sounds awesome!! 4 weeks is just so frickin long to wait inbetween appts. And can't wait to see pics from the 3d u/s, how cool!
ReplyDeleteI love the crib!!! I hope the diabetes test goes well. Very exciting that you are doing the 3D ultrasound too!
ReplyDeleteHey Leslie!! What a cute crib :) I'm glad you're starting to feel like you can make some plans for bub now! Sounds you and DH had fun together-I love going out for breakfast. Keep fighting the anxiety as best you can-I agree going to the doctor more often will help with this! Take care xx
ReplyDelete