Well, I had a drs appt today at 38w5d and cervix is still only a fingertip dilated. UGH! I was hoping for some progress over the weekend. Baby sounds good on the monitor and I am measuring small to average like I have been the past few weeks. The dr said after 39 weeks, I can electively be induced but with a cervix that is only a fingertip dilated, it is not a good idea as the risk for c-section goes up to 50%. They prefer to let nature take its course and she said I can go safely up to 42 weeks. I can not imagine another 3 weeks as I am soooooo uncomfortable right now, and the fact that I have already started my maternity leave. I can not find a comfy spot to lay down, sit down or stand so I have to rotate between the three often. Maybe, just maybe by getting the cervix checked, that will prompt some progress. Wishful thinking probably.
Next drs appt is on Monday the 18th. I pray that I deliver before then but if not, at least there is some progress so maybe induction will not be so risky. I so much want to meet my little man!!
Ugh! I'm sorry to hear no progress has been made. I've heard stories of being checked pushing ladies along so hopefully it'll happen. It stinks you are so uncomfortable. Sending lots of progress vibes to you and your little man =)
ReplyDeleteHang in there! Wow, you are oh so close! You can start in on all those old wives type natural induction things, like eating pineapple. Best wishes!!
ReplyDeleteHope things gets moving along soon!
ReplyDeleteOhh, I'm so sorry!! I'm sure it makes things even harder since you're off work. Here's hoping that things start moving soon. Maybe some long afternoon walks are in your near future...though at about 2 weeks behind you, I realize how unrealistic that sometimes is.
ReplyDeleteLots of luck for some progress soon!!
I'm sorry!! I remember how frustrating it was at the end... every day thinking "maybe today!" and then nothing! I'm sure you've heard all the old wives tales... i didn't try too many! I did start taking evening primrose oil to help ripen my cervix and I ate fresh pineapple like crazy because thats supposed to help too! Hang in there... you're almost there!!
ReplyDeleteI was induced at a fingertip dilated (38 weeks 3 days) and it FLEW. Pitocin started at 7:30, contractions got real after my water was broken at 8:30, then got HORRIBLE at 10:30, and Noah was out by 1:54.
ReplyDeleteBUT I know a lot of people who were induced about a week past their due date and laboured for like 12 hours and barely got past 2cm and ended up with c-sections. I guess it can go either way, but my OB was never worried about me having a c-section. He just mentioned that it could take longer when you're not as dilated to start with.
I hope you start progressing more soon! I know just how frustrating it is to be so excited and thinking you're probably farther along than you are. I'll keep my fingers crossed you don't need the appt. on the 18th and little man will be in your arms by then! :)
ReplyDeleteCome on, little guy! Doesn't he know that people are waiting on him? :)
ReplyDeleteSorry you're still not seeing any progress. Hope things start moving along soon so you get to meet your little guy soon!!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo on maternity leave, but hoping baby gets a move on so you guys can finally meet soon! Hope you are able to find some ways to feel a little more comfortable in the meantime:-)
ReplyDeleteBest Wishes for an amazing delivery Leslie, you are so close now!
Sorry things aren't progressing and hope they will let you induce when you want if little man decides to hang out a little while longer!
ReplyDeleteSending you many labor vibes!! I know you don't want to waste too much of your mat leave on pre-baby time. I know they recommend baby dancing to speed labor on, but Lord knows I never felt like it anywhere in the 3T ;).
ReplyDelete