Wednesday, October 13, 2010

39w1d - Come on Little One!!

I saw the ticker this morning and it shows 6 days to go! I am sitting here in amazement that I have reached the 39w1d mark! I think because I believed I was one who would go early, I never imagined myself still here. I started getting some stronger contractions for a while yesterday but then they fizzled when I laid down to watch a movie last night. I started feeling crampy overnight and still do, but there have not been any more contractions. Maybe, just maybe today???? I guess I can only take one day at a time and hope that each day will be THE day. On the agenda today while I wait: taking my dog to daycare (we are now taking him every other day so he still is getting activity as I can not walk him), grocery shopping, continuing to organize my files, possibly meeting my DH for lunch and venturing to my office to drop off my laptop while I am on leave. And maybe if I am up for it, cleaning the bathrooms. Exciting day! LOL!! I would much rather be enjoying my maternity leave with my little guy in my arms!! Come on, little guy, come out and meet us, PLEASE!!!!!! Yes, sadly enough, I have resorted to begging = )

8 comments:

  1. Holy crap on a cracker!! 39w1d?! Wow. And, seriously, come on out little guy!!! Mommy's ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know probably everyone is saying this to you, but seriously, enjoy your rest while you can. Because soon you are going to be getting zero sleep and a little guy is going to be attached to your boob for AT LEAST 12 out of every 24 hours. If you decide to breastfeed, that is. It's hard to imagine now, but soon you will make it to 6:00 at night and suddenly realize you haven't even brushed your teeth because that little baby needs YOU and ONLY YOU all. the. time. Soon your DH will be feeding you because your hands are constantly full with a newborn (again, attached to your boob:) and you seriously can't find the time to eat unless he feeds you while you're nursing. And when he's NOT nursing he will be so sweet and so tiny that you can't bear to put him down to sleep on his own because he's just so small and vulnerable and new to this big scary world. So you won't be able to do a single thing except sit there with your teeny tiny baby in your arms.

    So clean those bathrooms now, because you won't be able to do it for a long long long time!! hehehe:) It's such a wonderful adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully, your little guy will be here soon so you can enjoy your maternity leave WITH your baby!! I'll be checking in lots to see how you're making out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's time to meet mamma! Let's get this show on the road. We know you are all nice and cozy in there, but you will be cuddled for hours on end once you get here.

    And you should get everything done that you can now, before he shows up because there won't be much free time once he's here. But you know that.

    Here's hoping that he comes soon and that everything goes great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. C'mon little guy, we're all ready to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's Friday, I'm wondering if you had the baby! Maybe your belly is so comfy, your little guy wants to hang out a bit longer. I can only imagine the excitement of being almost 40 weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL we are in WAIT MODE aren't we? LOL... won't be long now! Our LO's will be here before we know it!
    My doc said to stay active... pretty much the only hint he could really give me to try to get labor moving. It couldn't hurt, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Man our countdown has begun huh? I swear just amazing. I hope your little guy is soon on his way and Superbaby will hang in there until next Friday. Leslie this is really happening isn't it? Completely and utterly AMAZING man... Thinking of you my friend. xoxox

    ReplyDelete