Last night, started having contractions 5 to 10 minutes apart for 2 hours and our little guy was being very quiet so we decided to come to the hospital. They admitted us, monitored me and baby dude and did a cervical check. My cervix is very far back but they think I am about 2-3 cm dilated, which is a bit of progress over the last week. My cervix is 70-80% effaced. Theyvhace decided to keep us overnight. After monitoring, we have been walking the halls and they just gave me an ambien to try to help me get some rest. My dh is running home to check on our dog and get a wedge pillow I forgot. Hardest part right now is that I am hungry and can not eat. Hopefully the 18th will be baby dude's birthday. I will post updates as I can. I am going to try to get some rest...
Updated. It is almost 5am and I was able to rest well with the ambien. I feel a little groggy at the moment. Still contracting but not sure if any progress has been made. Dr should hopefully be in soon after they get back results from more bloodwork. We should know more then about next steps. And my lovely dh is snoring away...lol!!
Updated: no progress overnight = ( starting the process to ripen my cervix before bringing in pitocin. I can already feel the impact....
Updated: started pitocin about 1pm.....this is going to hurt.....trying to tell myself millions of women give birth.....I can do this.
Good luck leslie and little dude!!!!
ReplyDeleteOoooo how exciting!!! good luck!! I hope today you'll get to meet that little guy. =)
ReplyDeleteExciting stuff!! I'm sure you'll meet the baby today. You're so far along and you spent that much time there that even if you wouldn't meet him naturally today, they'll probably offer to induce. Yaaay!
ReplyDeleteWoohoo!!! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like things are rolling =) TONS of good thoughts coming your way today. Hope you get to meet baby dude really soon!
ReplyDeleteGo Leslie Go!! Good vibes being sent your way!
ReplyDeleteOMG!!!! I can't believe things are moving along!!! Sending you so many positive thoughts!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck today! I know you will do great! I'm so excited to virtually meet your little dude!!!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting!! Sending you and little dude all sorts of good luck and hopes that everything goes smoothly!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck!!!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I'm hoping something great happens today...like you get to meet your little guy. I'm sure you are doing great!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I hope everything goes well and I can't wait to hear about little dude's grand entrance! :)
ReplyDeleteGO LESLIE! I'm thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteGood luck Leslie!! So excited for you guys and hope you get to post some pics soon!
ReplyDeletexo
You can do this, Girl!!!
ReplyDeleteeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyy, I am soooo excited for you!
how exciting!!!! sending you lots of (((HUGS))) & positive vibes!
ReplyDeleteGOOD LUCK!!! I hope he gives you an easy labor!
ReplyDeleteSOoo excited for you! Can't wait to see pics :)
ReplyDeleteHoping it was a smooth, uneventful birth for you!! Just in case you don't have time to blog for awhile ;), I just wanted to say how much your friendship has meant to me on this loooong journey (mine not yours!) Thank you so much for your comments and support.
Love