My Journey Through Life Including the Cruel World of Infertility, the Disappointments in Corporate America, the Joys of Marraige, the Wonderful World of Parenting, the Devastation of Pregnancy Loss and Secondary Infertility as well.
Friday, October 22, 2010
My little guy was diagnosed with Jaundice
I have been MIA as the first few days home have been challenging for all of us. We had our first pediatrician appt today and my little guy was diagnosed with hyperbillirubin levels and we are back in the hospital = (. He will be put under the lights and it is going to be a tough night emotionally watching him go through this. I am going through a lot of guilty feelings as I feel like I caused this as breastfeeding has not gone very well. The pediatrician tried to assures this was not my fault but I still can not help but feel that way. I am glad we caught it today and hope&pray everything will be ok. They are running bloodwork as I type and hopefully he will be under the lights soon. Thank you to everyone for your earlier posts regarding aaron's arrival. They mean a lot to us. I will also post his birth story and a couple of pictures soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
awww... big big hugs! Eirik had slight jaundice as well when he was born and we were so worried he would have to stay at the hospital under the lights. Hopefully a night with the lights will help and soon he'll be back home again!
ReplyDelete{{{HUGS}}} to you, Aaron and DH! You didn't cause his jaundice, at least not in anything you can control. Breastfeeding is hard and I'm sure you've done everything you can to get it going. As you know from my blog, I also had alot of issues with BFing and the emotional issues that go along with it, so feel free to email me if you need a sympatico shoulder. But with the lights and lots of fluids (BM or formula), I'm sure little Aaron will flush that bilirubin out of his system soon.
ReplyDeleteAwww, I'm so sorry Leslie! I would be feeling terrible, too. It was one of my biggest fears that Noah would end up having to go back in the hospital after he was born. It breaks your mommy heart.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure Aaron will be doing better soon!! I hope he poops lots and gets that bilirubin out!
I'm so sorry Leslie! Hopefully he'll only need the one night at the hospital. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Aaron and DH!
ReplyDeleteOh sweets, I'm so sorry! I hope Aaron's bilirubin clears up quickly!!
ReplyDeleteSorry Aaron is back in the hospital! Please know that TONS of babies with jaundice are breastfed babies and there's nothing you could have done differently. You are doing the best you can and it IS good enough =) Big {{{HUGS}}} and hopefully you are home with Aaron again really soon!
ReplyDeleteOh sweetie, first sorry this is a bit belated. You didn't cause this, so many newborns get it, it is so common. Mine (DD) had it and was sooo sleepy after she was born. Hope he gets better soon!
ReplyDelete