Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Belly & Additional Nursery Pictures

I took the plunge and had a few belly pictures taken by my DH this past weekend in the nursery which is 99% complete. I am not sure why they come out so small here! I am normally very camera shy but I thought a few pictures would be good to have for when I eventually am able to put together our little guy's baby book. And I was a little hesitant to show my face here as I try to keep this fairly anonymous but I thought why not this time! I must say I love my glider - although right now once I sit in it, I can not get up without help! But I think I am going to live in this chair very soon!! It is so comfy!!!

Today was a difficult day -- I ended up deciding to get a CT Scan to check my lungs for blood clots. I talked to my dr yesterday and she highly recommended I get this done and said it was minimal risk to the baby, that the benefits of knowing far outweight the risks. She said it would help with decision making on future dosages of blood thinner, delivery plans and treatment if we decide/are able to have future children. She said it is not the same as if I had had one done two weeks when I was in the ER (as I could have had one then that resolved itself) but that it would still help. It was a very tough decision for me but I had a few people confirm that it was minimal risk to our little guy and also highlight that if I had a blood clot in my lung, it would be very serious and something could happen during delivery. So I decided to go for it and it was not a fun experience. I felt very enclosed and the shield they had over most of my stomach to protect the baby was very heavy and uncomfortable. Thankfully it did not last more than 15 minutes or I think I would have gone crazy. They did not go over the results with me today (I have a follow up appt tomorrow) but I am guessing if I did have a clot in my lung, that they would not hAve let me go home and they did. So the good news is that I am thinking I am blood clot free in my lungs! Unfortunately, I still do not know why I often feel like I can not get enough air. My uterus must just be pushing on my lungs even though our little guy is VERY VERY low! I feel guilty for putting my little guy through any extra stress but think that I made the right decision.

You know I have gotten way to much blood work this preganancy when the lab lady recognizes me, knows my name and even comments that it looks like I have dropped quite a bit in the last 1 1/2 weeks since my last blood work was completed. I must say I am lucky they are so nice in the lab and make it very easy to get blood work done!

I will be 38 weeks tomorrow!!! I just can not believe it! I am surprised that our little guy is still in my tummy as I guessed he would be here by now with all the early contractions I was having. However, they have mostly stopped and I am still only a fingertip dilated as of yesterday. My dr also confirmed that our little guy is definitely head down (and I can FEEL THIS!!) It is just wait & see now!! Come on little one, I am so ready for you to join us!! I am so excited and can not wait!!

Only three days of work left!!! WOO HOO! 12 weeks without stupid manager! I must admit I am very nervous the person they brought in to replace me will not do a very good job. I have tried to train him to the best of my abilities but I am not sure he gets it - and of course stupid manager will blame me for any failures. But, hopefully in a few days, that will be the last thing I am thinking about!!

I am not sure what I will do with my time next week if I still have not delivered but it will be nice to be able to relax & organize. I hope to get my hair cut, meet up with my DH for lunch and do a little last minute shopping.

Well, time for me to eat dinner!!

8 comments:

  1. Nice to put a face to name! Your nursery looks lovely! You look fantastic! And I also have that travel swing, I have two actually, and it is wonderful, sucks batteries a lot though. It is also nice to do feedings in, as we just started solids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to "see" you! :) And, the nursery looks wonderful.

    Here's hoping that all the scans are clear and that everything is a "go." I can't believe it is so close!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your pics =) The nursery is adorable and you look beautiful! It's a huge relief that you don't have a clot in your lung. You made the right choice to get that checked out, for sure! I'm so excited that the time is coming for your to meet your little guy. Hope you get a few days to rest up between saying good-bye to stupid manager and saying hello to little Aaron. Pamper yourself all you can in those days =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both you and the nursery look fantastic!! So glad that the scan looked like all is well! 'Enjoy' your last couple of days of work then put stupid manager right out of your mind, he's not worth it.... : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi, I found your blog through the ivillage october ec :) (my name on there is forevermommy08) I have blood clots in my lung with this pregnancy and had a lot of fear/worry about getting a CAT scan too but like you already know the benefits outweigh any potential risks for the baby, and this far along there are not really any significant risks to baby anyway. you definitely made the "right" decision there!! anyway, I'm glad you probably don't have any blood clots!

    that nursery is sooo cute and you look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look fantastic & I love the nursery! :)
    I'm so glad to hear your scan went well & that everything seems to be as it should be with little Aaron! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your nursery and you look so beautiful!!! Love your bump!
    I am sorry to hear about the scare and having to have more tests but like you said it's for the best. Is today your last day at work or are you done already? I know it feels good to be home.. enjoy your time off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The nursery is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete