Thursday, January 21, 2010

First ICLW Post

Hello! This is my first time participating in ICLW week. I am very excited to be a part of this and learn more about everyone. My history is in my blog but I thought I would add that I have been married to my wonderful DH for a little over 7 years We have a very spoiled chocolate lab, Elliss, who is 8 years old. He was named after a Lions football player (Luther Elliss) who my DH told me just actually just declared bankruptcy! Our first chocolate lab was named Luther but he passed away at only 1 1/2 years old due to a condition like lupus in humans = ( Elliss is our baby (or puppy as we refer to him most of the time.) We have been TTC #1 for almost three years now -- hopefully this IUI will work and I will not reach the actual three year mark in February! Tomorrow is follie check #2 and I am praying that everything still looks good!!

I am thankful for all the wonderful women I have met since joining the blog world recently. I look forward to chatting with you more this week and meeting other new women as well!

13 comments:

  1. Welcome to ICLW! It's a great way to meet some great women!

    I'd love to see a picture of your pooch! I have a yellow lab and think they're the best dogs on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    We lost our first dog (a tri colour Cavalier) to a liver ailment - he was about 6 months old at the time. We now have two more (a tri and a ruby Cavalier), the youngest just went 2!

    ICLW
    http://daega99-arewethereyet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. You should post some pics of your fur babies. Welcome to ICLW. I look forward to getting to know more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am wishing you all the very best on your check tomorrow. I hope you receive some wonderful news and that this is your cycle.

    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to ICLW!! It is a wonderful event and great way to meet everyone in the ALI blogosphere.

    ICLW
    Rach
    www.thegalwho.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy ICLW! It's my first too, though 2nd attempt! Wishing you all the best this cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey!
    Here from ICLW also. I wish you heaps of sticky baby dust for this Feb's IUI! We are having one too if all goes to plan. I'm sooo jealous of fellow bloggers with lovely dogs. We can't have one as we don't have a fence. So definitely post some puppy pix as it's the only dog contact I get hehe!
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry about your first puppy, Luther. That is so sad. But I'm glad you have Elliss. Post some puppy pics!

    Happy ICLW! I'm really pulling for you this cycle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of luck at your follie check! Here's to some good solid numbers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck at your follie check Leslie!! I hope your pup Elliss doesn't need to declare bankrupcy too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to ICLW! I have a lab, as well, they are love with four legs. I call mine puppies all the time even though they are six and four.
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to meet you, and happy ICLW. Best wishes for a successful IUI this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wishing you lots of luck this cycle!! We, too, have been trying for a long time...3 1/2 years. We lost our first and only baby the week before Christmas.

    I'm heading over to subscribe to your blog right now! Looking forward to following along and rooting you on for a true BFP!

    Christina
    The Subfertile Frugalista
    iclw

    ReplyDelete