Sunday, January 24, 2010

I am a lucky person!!

I thought it was such a good idea to write about how lucky of a person I am despite all the trials & tribulations with TTC, IF & my career this past year -- to help me snap out of this blah feeling I have been having this weekend! I am lucky for many reasons!

1. My wonderful, super DH - he is so kind, so caring, and takes such good care of me! He cooks for me, does laundry, hugs me when I am feeling blue and sends me flowers when I am not expecting them (and I love flowers!!). He hardly ever complains about anything. He starts my car every morning so it is warm when I get into it. He drives me to work when it is snowing & I am afraid to drive. He does so many little things that just make me feel special. (Yes, we do have our occassional spats but most of the time, they are about silly things and we get over them quickly!)

2. My super spoiled chocolate lab!! He makes us laugh, he makes us feel loved and he is such a great dog!! He is spoiled though as he gets to go to daycare every day! I drive 20 miles extra each morning and my DH 40 miles every night to drop him off/pick him up. The day care owners meet me half way in the morning to help with the commutes! Yes, we are crazy but we have never felt it was fair for our dog to be home 12 hours a day by himself.

3. My parents. I wish I lived closer to my parents! Although they drive me a little crazy at times, I had a very nice childhood and their support the last year with all the treatments & my career setbacks, has been more than I could have ever imagined! And the fact that they will be celebrating their 50th anniversary next year is amazing and very inspirational. I know they have had tough times but they have gotten through them.

4. Having a job. Although it is completely boring and I had a huge set back last year with my job being eliminated and being "demoted" so to speak - I am lucky that I was not one of the many who were laid off. They wanted me to be there and I am lucky that they found another job for me that still pays well & allows us to continue the fertilty treatments.

5. Having a very comfortable life, a home I love, food, water etc. I hear stories of what is happening in Haiti and am that much for thankful for all that I do have. The news is filled with so many people going through hardships that it reminds me to put things into perspective even when I am having a bad day from all the ups & downs of the IF rollercoaster!

6. For my friends IRL & online. I unfortunately do not have very many friends where I live as I did not make time to meet people when I moved out here 4 years ago as I consumed myself with work. But I am thankful for my friends from where I used to live, college & grad school. I am ever so thankful for the support online through IV and the blogging community. The support is wonderful and helps me every day!

I have a very good life. I do hope I will be successful very soon in my journey to become a mother, which will make my life even more special than it is today!

Thank you for letting me share!

6 comments:

  1. I think it's a great idea to count your blessings even when some things are not going perfectly. Yay for all the great things in your life, and hoping you have another blessing to count very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet post! I think I might have to do a count my blessings post soon too! your hubs sounds like a wonderful man.

    Oh, and labs are just the best dogs. I have a black lab (and another dog, and 3 cats). He's my sweetheart, and I'd do anything for him. Luckily, I work in a vets office so I often get to take him to work with me. It sounds like you and your husband are devoted pet parents - there should be more like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There, thanks for visiting!!! And best of luck to you this IUI as well! And I did ask my nurse about timing, and (just like you said) she said it just depends on the size of the follies and how quickly they think you'll ovulate! I ended up doing back to back, so we'll see!

    Oh, and I love this post...and my have to copy!!!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for reading my thoughts on why I am so lucky! One of my favorite movies is the Holiday and I often think of when Miles says he made a melody for Iris and it only has the "good notes" in it. I was thinking if I wrote only good thoughts, it might help me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a great post. You're right. It's important to take a step back from all this IF stuff and look at all we do have in our lives.

    I LOVE the doggie daycare. :) Too cute! What do they do there during the day?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. I agree--you have to step back and look at all of the positive things in your life sometimes, especially when the IF stuff gets a little crazy.

    ReplyDelete