Monday, January 25, 2010

Holy Follies!! IUI on Wednesday!!

My follie check went well this morning. I have 5-6 follies ready to go with many small ones. I trigger tonight with my IUI on Wednesday morning = ). My dr admitted that with most of his patients the # of follies I have would scare him and he would cancel. However, knowing my history, he thinks we should move forward! I was very relieved not to be cancelled but at the same time definitely needed to remind myself about the potential risks. Knowing my history though, we are OK with moving forward! This is the best response we have had so I am excited but afraid to get too excited at the same time. I am hoping & praying that everything will be timed just right! Please, oh, please let this be our cycle!!

There is one potential kink though. My DH has a very important work meeting on Wednesday AM so we need to figure out what to do. I am thinking he will need to do his part at home at 7am and I will need to rush it up there to get there around 8am. This will be my first time traveling with his contribution. I am just not sure the proper way to handle. Any advice so that I do not cause any problems?

Thank you for your help!

15 comments:

  1. Great news! Good luck on Wednesday.
    Sorry, I can't offer any advice on traveling with the goods...haven't had to do that yet. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blessings on you for Wednesday! In terms of the swim team, I would recommend calling your clinic and asking for any protocols they may have. You might need a particular container or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a go for IUI this time around. Good luck Wednesday. Keep us updated how how things go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo for awesome follies!!

    Whenever I traveled w/ samples, they told me to keep it under my shirt, in my armpit to keep it the right temperature :) A little difficult to drive, but no biggie. I also once (TMI maybe) kept it between my legs b/c it was easier and just as warm there! (under clothes, over underwear of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck tomorrow!! I have heard in your bra works well for travelling with the swimmers. But I also heard it's worse if it gets too hot (as opposed to too cold- but of course body temp is desired), which is not really a concern in the winter!! (Like the lady at the lab told me that someone had driven around for a while on a July afternoon with the sample on their seat or something and it as pretty much fried once they finally brought it to the clinic!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news!

    I've had to transport my husband's "sample" once. I kept it wrapped in a towel and kept the temperature in the car at a normal level. Don't let it get too hot or too cold. So if it's snowing outside or very cold, it might be a good idea to warm up the car first.

    Good luck!!! I'll be thinking about you. Let us know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have any advice for the travel aspect but good luck!!! I am keeping everything crossed that this works out perfectly for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh good luck to you! When I went by myself for my IUI, I put the cup between my legs for the drive up there. Great follie count, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Leslie!! Sounds like a GREAT recipe for success!

    As for advice, make SURE to call your clinic to confirm that it's OK that you bring in the SA without your DH. My clinic is very, very particular (I think due to a lawsuit where a divorced wife unknowingly used her ex-husband's sperm) and will not let anyone but the "contributor" bring in the sample and show ID, etc.

    If your clinic is OK with it, then it should be totally fine. I've taken up to 70 minutes with the buggers tucked between my legs or in my waistband to get it up there.

    Alternately, your DH could always go up before you and drop them off himself. They need several hours to wash them anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAYYYYY!!! for green lights to trigger and IUI. The follie number is such a hard decision to make. But I am glad your doctor could give you good advice and make it easier to decide!
    My doc's office advise to keep the sample in contact to the body, so it would not cool down. Bras work well.
    FX and TX for your D-day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yea for good follies. I hope I can get to that point in this cycle. I am no help with how to transport the little dudes sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. GOOD LUCK! I've heard of tucking it in your bra between your boobs...seriously.

    Hope this works!!!!!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Luck tomorrow, sweets! I already put my 2 cents about traveling with samples on our IUI thread but I still wanted to send all sorts of GL vibes your way for a successful IUI!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for your advice and support! It means the world to me! I do have good news - DH got out of his meeting so he can go with me now = ) YAHOOO!!!! So very happy!! I am sorry to keep this short. I will do my best to catch up tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I kept ours wrapped up, tucked in between my boobs for extra warmth! (Also keeps the hands free for driving)
    ~ICLW
    As of this comment, you've already had the IUI so I pray the 2WW goes FAST!

    ReplyDelete