Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Time to Wait! IUI Complete!

IUI went well this morning! DH was able to come with me and keep me company, which was a big relief and helped me to worry less! Yeah for less worry!! My RE said DH had an "excellent" specimen. I did not ask for details though. I find knowing more details makes me worry even more than I already do! With lots of follies to choose from, I can only *hope* that one sperm will catch one eggie to bring me a strong BFP in 2 weeks. I know only time will tell. I know I have to be patient! Unfortunately, patience has never been a great quality of mine.

On a non TTC note, I hate driving in the snow! I was doing great tonight on my way home from picking up my dog and all of the sudden a car in front of me slows WAY down and puts his flashers on for an unknown reason to me! I panicked and hit the brakes (which I know is wrong) but swerved into the other lane (2 lanes on each side). Thankfully I got control of the car but my poor dog was thrown around a bit. Luckily no other cars were around or it could have been a lot worse. My legs are still shaking a bit from it. So much for my dream of no snow after our big storm a couple of weeks ago!

10 comments:

  1. Yay! for getting the job done:) I will be cheering for you in the 2ww and for a very strong beta at the end. Do you have an official date for a beta or are you gonna POAS at home?

    Uggggh((( for the accident. That is so darn scary. The same thing happened to us last year the day before Thanksgiving (in that crazy trafick). The car in front of us suddenly stopped, but we had no chance to do so with the big sluggish SUV. It was a fender-bender for us plus the awful scare.
    Your poor puppy. I hope both of you are feeling better by now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Erika!! My beta is scheduled for Feb 11th at 15 dpiui. The last two cycles I have started to spot around 12 dpiui though... so the last two cycles I have not made it to the beta. We will see how optimistic I am whether I will POAS before-hand. If I do not see spot by 12 dpiui, I imagine I probably will.

    I am sorry you had a fender bender last year! My legs are not shaking anymore, thankfully. And my dog is sleeping so that is good! I know I will be very nervous driving tomorrow. Hopefully they will have plowed the roads better by the time I will be driving though.

    I hope you are well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad the IUI went well! Lots and lots of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, good luck during the next couple of weeks! I'll look forward to seeing how things turn out! =)

    I'm also glad that the accident wasn't as bad as it could have been... I grew up driving in snow, and it's such a scary experience, skidding out and all..

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Well, we'll be smack in the middle of the 2ww together! Good luck to you and I hope this is the one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh scary ride home. I hate it when we do what we know we aren't supposed to in a situation like that. I have told my DH a couple of stories about how I got lucky that no one was in the other lane as I swerved to avoid a car like that and he says...don't you know you are supposed to go to the other side into the grass?? Yes, I know that but I was panicked. Then I get the "women drivers" look. Ugh. Anyway, glad you escaped an accident.

    And Hooray for getting the IUI done with a great specimen! Here's hoping that you catch one of those great eggies! How ever will you pass the next 2 weeks??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay IUI! You are now PUPO! With those great sounding follies, I have a very good feeling for you this time!!

    So sorry about the ride home! I skidded into a fence last year on the way to pick up our cat at the vet and though it was only at about 15mph, it was scary! I'm glad you and the doggie are OK!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad the IUI went well. I hope the next two weeks fly by. :) And I also hate driving in the snow and ice. It makes me so nervous. I'm glad we are back to living in Florida where I don't have to worry about it, but driving in the crazy afternoon thunderstorms down here is pretty bad, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes! Glad you didn't get in an accident in the snow!! Will be praying that your IUI will be successful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for the IUI and sorry about the scary driving! So glad you're OK.

    Hope both of our 2 ww's go quickly!!

    ReplyDelete