Friday, January 22, 2010

Follie Check #2

Hello everyone! Thank you for your very kind comments!! And thank you for asking to see pictures of my dog!! I will definitely post soon!! The pictures are on our other computer so I will post tonight or this weekend!

Just got back from follie check #2 and it was OK. By lowering the follistim dosage for the last 3 days, I now have 4-5 follies instead of the 8-9 he said I had on Tuesday, which makes my dr a lot more comfortable (and me too!). He has increased the dosage back up to 150IU so that I hopefully do not lose more follies that decide to stop growing. I pray I that the 4-5 continue to grow steadily! Another stinky part is that I have to go back again for follie check #3 on Monday. It is tough having the drive be so far! My RE anticipates I will trigger on Monday with IUI on Wednesday. IUIs are such a balancing act. Hopefully my manager will not freak-out about having 2 more appts next week. Not much I can do so I pray I can keep the worrisome thoughts out of my brain this weekend! And my DH has important meetings on Tuesday / Wednesday so I pray that we can work through everything so that there are no issues there as well!! I keep telling myself to remain sane!! LOL!

Thankfully I am working from home today = ) Happy Friday = )

10 comments:

  1. What a great follie check! I remember that I had to drive 50 miles one way for all my monitoring appointments. It was brutal because I then had to drive an additional 30 miles to work and then the full 60 miles home. The things we do to try and get a baby in our arms.

    Best of luck with all of your timing. It can be stressful because nothing is definite until the very last minute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your follie check went well. I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything is okay with work and your appointments. I know how stressful that can be.

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome on the follie checkup. Go follies, go!

    Deep breaths for next week, you'll get thru it no matter what your manager thinks!

    ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you had a good follie check. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for follies doing what they're told! That never happens, haha.

    Good luck with your cycle!!! Fingers crossed!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ended up having to go into work today. Ugh! A last minute request came up so I drove an additional 70 miles roundtrip to/from work after driving 120 miles round trip to/from the drs. Gotta love the ~ 200 miles on dr visit days. I get to do it again on Monday, and then Tuesday or Wednesday. Although the day of my IUI, I am going to try to work at home.

    Thank you for all of your + thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear that things are going better in your cycle! I hope all continues to go well. I have my first monitoring appointment on monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh nice follie count!! I didn't know they could make higher counts drop by lowering your dosage! Hope your having a good worry-free weekend and can't wait to hear the details for next week. 20 mile doctor commutes suck- uhhhg. You're doing great, will be watching you closely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a lot of driving, but glad you got some good news about your follies! It always such a juggling act with the timing. Good luck with this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that things are looking very good. It is such a balancing, with work, life, appointments, and then the other balancing act of wanting some good follicles but not too many to not overstimulate. So much to think about! Sometimes I just go along and not ask too many questions just to avoid stressing.

    ReplyDelete