Thursday, January 28, 2010

Very Nervous!

I am wondering if the Ovidrel trigger shot worked?!? I took it on Monday night and am not feeling anything like sore bbs or anything from it (and I have in the past.) My acupuncturist also told me my pulse was slow (and it should be faster if I were pg) -- which got me to thinking that it should be faster if the trigger was still in my system. I also just took a pg test for the fun of it expecting to see 2 lines and there was only one. It was an internet cheapie but I would think I should still see two lines at 3dpt. Is it possible for the trigger not to work or are internet cheapies just not sensitive enough even at 3dpt? I was feeling good yesterday after my IUI and now I am feeling all nervous. I guess there is nothing I can do about it now but wait & see! Ugh! When will this rollercoaster end?!?!? I want off this ride and on the BFP train soooooooooooooooooooo much!

Thank you for letting me vent! I wanted to say also that I enjoyed the ICLW week and it was so great to learn more about everyone! I appreciate all the support very, very much!!! I look forward to learning more about everyone and following your journeys!

10 comments:

  1. I would think that ovidrel usually works. Like if you take it you ovulate. I'm not 100% though and I don't know why it's not showing up on a preg test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the shot worked..your body might just need to get used to it. I've been using ovidril for each IUI cycle. I almost passed out from the thought of the shot in the stomach so they do it in my upper thighs
    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure the shot worked. Hang in there! I hope you get that BFP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read once that Ovidrel works over 99% of the time, so I'm sure it worked, everyone worries that ;). As far as the internet cheapie goes, beware!! I took one once in the fall of 2008, I think it was @ 16dpo. It came up a stark negative and then a beta blood test later THAT SAME DAY came back with a beta of 60. Something that should have been an absolute positive. I haven't used the cheapies since then, as tempting as they are... if you're really concerned about the Ovidrel, pick up a store HPT tomorrow. GL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered that during our last IUI (Dec.). But my RE says that it is practically guaranteed that you'll ovulate after the trigger shot. Hope the rest of the 2ww goes by quickly and you get a + at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry it's stressing you out, Leslie. Have you tried taking your BBT? I always temp right around the trigger because not knowing stresses me, too. If you've temped in the past and you know what your general range is post-O, then maybe it could help you confirm.

    As for sore bbs, etc. -- I get that normally, too, but nothing this time. It seems to be so different every time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't take the Internet cheapie's word for it. There's way more of a chance of that thing being off than your Ovidrel shot not working. I'm sure it worked. Try not to stress too much (easier said than done, right?). I like Rebecca's temping suggestion. Maybe that will help put your mind at ease?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leslie,
    I wouldn't worry about the HPT. First of all, I agree with people that they are not the most accurate. Second, our bodies metabolize hcg differently and I imagine it can go faster or slower at times. The 3DPO hcg level here is not relevant at all. It was important you had it high and active 1-2 days pre-O, and I am sure it worked just fine. You shouldn't read into it so much (sorry, I know it's easier said than done). As for having no post-O signs, it can be a super promising sign signalling that things are going a different way hormonally this month (I mean leading towards a BFP). I often see post-O changes in IPS turning into RPS. And major booo))) goes to your medicine man. I don't like him for making you anxious about your pulse. I have never heard that before. And I am sure everything is relative and he did not have a chance to monitor your pulse up til now.
    Cheer up, Girl! it's the 2ww:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry that I am a little late but wanted to say thank you for helping to calm me down = ) The temping suggestion is great -- I can not find my thermometer though. I will just have to be patient and let whatever happen, happen!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete