Sunday, March 11, 2012

Trying to stay busy this weekend...

So far, we have done a good job of staying busy to help keep my mind off of my beta tomorrow. I can not believe it is already 4:30pm on Sunday!! It is impossible for me to not think about it, but at least time so far has gone by fast.

On a whim, we drove to Chicago yesterday (~ 2 hours one way) to take our little guy to the aquarium. I do not recommend going on a Saturday! It was crazy. We waited in line to get tickets for about an hour. There was a little boy in front of us who was having a little meltdown. I was very impressed with how his mom handled it as but I think I would have said we can do this another day! We had fun but I do not think it was worth the money. Children under 3 can get in for free, but it was still expensive. It was not catered to young children like other aquariums we have been to. Out little guy really liked the penguins & dolphins though. We got home late; thankfully our little guy went to bed well. I am glad we tried it as we are usually home-bodies so it was fun to get out if the house & area for a bit.

Today, we went grocery shopping (and bought the whole store!! LOL.  We needed a lot more than normal as I did not do a full shopping last weekend.)   We always have fun grocery shopping.  We can home and had lunch, hung around and I was not feeling great, so I laid down for a TWO hour nap! It was beautiful.  I have not napped like this is a very very long time.  Before our little guy, I napped almost every day on the weekend. I love naps.  But since our little guy does not nap well, I do not get many naps which I have adapted pretty well too (I still get a little crabby but I try to contain it.  hehe!)

It is in the 60s which is crazy for March! My DH took our little guy outside in the yard for an hour while I napped. And when I woke up from my nap, my little guy is actually taking a nap - a rarity in our house on the weekends!  I guess being outside today wore him out.  My DH had some cute pictures for me when I woke up! Tonight, My DH is going to grill chicken and veggies!  YUMMY!

I am nervous for my beta tomorrow but am trying to be somewhat calm about it!  I am not sure what I really think. I go back and forth between being very hopeful and then not hopeful at all.   I am very tired, which is a good sign.  Other than that, I have had some cramping like AF is going to be here, which makes me nervous.  The worst part is the, without getting too graphic, the need for more fiber in my diet.  OMG!  It is already terrible.  I had it really bad with my pregnancy with my little guy.  I am trying to eat more fiber and drink more water.   Hopefully both of these help!  I am praying that I have a sticky bean!!  Please oh please!!

I am off to shop for my nephew's 2nd birthday present.  He is 2 today!  Hopefully I will have good news to share tomorrow!



5 comments:

  1. Well, the constipation already is a good sign! Your progesterone was super high, and that's what does that, right? I've never had that issue with my pregnancies, and I'm glad. I usually have the opposite problem. lol

    Don't let the cramps make you nervous. I had those cramps at the beginning of both pregnancies. It felt like AF was coming any second for weeks. For some reason your uterus is just really crampy at the beginning of a pregnancy. I don't know why, but it is. Don't let it worry you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I read progesterone can do that! For a sticky bean, I will accept it with smiles. = ) Thankfully cramping is on & off. Thank you for the reassurance not to worry! I guess I will know more tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. I second the last commenter's thoughts on your symptoms! They sound great to me! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! How are you feeling? How was your celebration dinner? I look forward to your u/s in less than 2 weeks now = )

      Delete